Monday, March 2, 2015

ITM University, Gurgaon Organizes I Love My Tiranga programme

Gurgaon, 20 February: ITM University, Gurgaon welcomed Mr Khalid Qureshi, the initiator of ‘I Love My Tiranga’ programme and organized the event in the University to spread awareness among students and staff of the University on the importance of our national flag. The event was organized under the banner of University’s social club, Yukti on 20 February 2015. The students and staff of the University participated in the programme and ran at the campus along with Mr Qureshi with the tricolor flags.

The concept, ‘I Love My Tiranga, was conceived three years ago in 2012 when Mr Khalid Qureshi, a Ticket Collector in Western Railways, started a marathon with the sole aim to encourage people of the nation to keep Tiranga at their homes. This year the marathon was flagged off from Mumbai by the Chief Minister of Maharashtra, Shri Devendra Fadnavis on 26 January 2015 along with 65 runners. 

‘I Love My Tiranga’ is a social initiative to inspire and encourage all Indians to embellish their homes and institutions with the Indian national flag. To spread the message, Mr Qureshi completed the marathon run from Mumbai to Delhi holding the Tiranga, covering a distance of over 2000 KM with 10 halts on the way. He has been welcomed and appreciated by all the Chief Ministers on his way, including the Chief Minister of Delhi, Mr Arvind Kejriwal on 20 February 2015 on completion of the marathon. He has visited several educational and religious institutions to encourage them to keep Tiranga in their premises. 

Speaking on the occasion, Mr Qureshi said that one doesn’t need a reason to fly the national flag aloft one’s house. The Tricolour is our pride and we should love and respect it by fluttering it atop our houses and other buildings.

No comments:

Post a Comment